Join the Society that saved Waverley
The Paddle Steamer Preservation Society (PSPS) was founded in 1959 and is Britain’s longest established, largest and most successful steamship preservation group. Thanks to the efforts of its members it has saved two paddle steamers – PS Kingswear Castle (1924) and PS Waverley (1947).
Without the PSPS there would no longer be the opportunity to sail on a Paddle Steamer in Great Britain. The PSPS has provided over £4 million of support to Waverley since 1974 to keep her sailing.
The aims of the PSPS are to:
- preserve paddle steamers in sailing condition;
- educate the public in the historic significance of paddle steamers in the Nation’s maritime and industrial heritage;
- acquire, preserve and exhibit a collection of equipment and material associated with paddle steamers.
You can join the PSPS online or when aboard Waverley. Simply collect a membership form at the rack outside the Purser’s office, complete the form and take it to the Souvenir Shop.
Recognition of your Support as a PSPS Member
All PSPS members receive the following benefits in recognition of their support:
- HALF-PRICE Voucher for a cruise on Waverley when you first join the Society
- Access to Exclusive Waverley Discounts – annual Sailing Passes and / or Go Anywhere Vouchers
- Two Free Waverley Tickets for Children each year
- Free issue of ‘Paddle Wheels’ every three months with news and articles
- Regular meetings and special events