Welcome Aboard Waverley
Step aboard the famous Waverley – The last seagoing paddle steamer in the World – and experience the sight, sound and thrill of travelling on this magnificent steamship.
Hear the telegraph ring and watch the mighty steam engine start to drive the ship’s massive paddle wheels, view the stunning coastline, visit new places, recapture happy memories and don’t forget to visit the Souvenir Shop and purchase an exclusive memento.
Paddle steamer Waverley is registered on The National Historic Fleet as being a vessel of pre-eminent national significance. She has operated in preservation since 1975 and become a “national treasure” carrying over 6 million passengers.
Waverley is the sole survivor and has become an icon in her own lifetime.
10 Reasons to step aboard Waverley
- Waverley is a unique vessel – she is the last seagoing paddle steamer in the world
- Waverley is powered by steam and a lot of passion!
- You will have unrivalled access and views of our wonderful coastline
- You will help ensure this magnificent steamship can sail on for many more years to come
- You can view Waverley’s powerful triple expansion steam engine in operation
- A Waverley cruise is an experience the whole family can enjoy
- You can take home an exclusive souvenir or gift from the on-board shop and even send a postcard using the Victorian postbox
- You can step back in time and enjoy the traditional dining saloon and period lounges
- You can enjoy an informed commentary highlighting the passing points of interest
- Waverley brings a positive economic benefit to the towns and villages she visits