Seasonal Job Opportunity Aboard Paddle Steamer Waverley
We are seeking to appoint a ABs for the 2023 season. The successful candidates will work with the Bosun to play a key role within the deck department. ABs on Waverley ensure her safe operation when at sea and when berthing. Deck ratings assist with passengers boarding / disembarking and will undertake maintenance duties to ensure Waverley is well presented as a passenger vessel.
We would welcome applicants who have experience in a similar role on other vessels. In return a competitive daily rate of pay will be offered.
Candidates will Possess:
- Merchant Shipping Certificates:
- Efficient Deck Hand or Ordinary Seaman
- Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (FPFF)
- Elementary First Aid (EFA)
- Security Duties
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (PSSR)
- ENG1 Medical issued by relevant UK Authority or recognised equivalent
Right to work in the UK.
Responsible to the Bosun and Chief Officer for:
- Assisting with watch keeping duties
- Carrying out the responsibilities and emergency duties prescribed on the Muster List
- Acting as a watchman when vessel is in port (As per Night Watch Instructions.)
- Acting as a helmsman on passage
- Maintaining the vessel in line with procedures laid down in the Company SMS
- Ensuring the vessel is clean and tidy at all times
- Assisting with passenger transfer at gangways
- Any other duties that may be required by the Master, Chief Officer or Bosun
- Complying with the pertinent Company’s Procedures and Requirements as detailed in the SMS.
Waverley is the last seagoing paddle steamer in the World. In 2023 she will operate in several areas around the UK offering day, afternoon and evening cruises. Much of her trading is coastal in estuaries and river channels. ABs play a key role in the safe operation of the vessel and in particular when berthing and boarding passengers.
This position provides an opportunity to play a key role in operating a unique and famous vessel.
How to Apply
If you are interested in a rewarding position with Waverley, please send a CV with covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Wednesday March 22, 2023.