Relief Job Opportunity Aboard Paddle Steamer Waverley
We are searching for a qualified Chief Engineer to assist in manning Waverley during the 2022 sailing season. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who holds a Steam Certificate of Competency and wishes to offer some weeks across the season to fit into a back to back rota. In return we can offer a competitive daily rate of pay.
Candidates Must Possess:
- Merchant Shipping STCW Certificates III/3, <3000kW Chief Engineer CoC
- The right to work in the UK
- ENG1 Medical issued by relevant UK Authority or recognised equivalent
- Proven track record in relevant offshore experience within the marine sector; recent steam experience is strongly preferred
- Self-starter, analytical and problem-solving capabilities, demonstrated effectiveness in working with contractors, safety leadership and the ability to motivate others
Waverley is the last seagoing paddle steamer in the World and is powered by an inclined triple expansion steam engine. The ship operates May-October each season in several areas around the UK offering day excursion trips. During the winter maintenance period Waverley is berthed in Glasgow.
This position provides an opportunity to play a key role in maintaining and operating a unique vessel, it may appeal to someone seeking a new challenge after a deep-sea career.
How to Apply
If you are interested in a rewarding career with Waverley, please send a CV with covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Tuesday April 12, 2022.