We are urgently seeking to appoint Engine Room ratings (Fireman) on Waverley for the 2023 season.
The Role of Fireman
- Responsible to the Donkeyman and Second Engineer for:
- Assisting with watch keeping duties
- Carrying out the responsibilities and emergency duties prescribed on the Muster List
- Routine Maintenance of vessel’s machinery in line with the Company’s SMS procedures
- Ensuring machinery spaces are clean and tidy at all times
Ideally Candidates will Possess:
- Merchant Shipping STCW Certificates:
- Personal Survival Techniques (PST)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (FPFF)
- Elementary First Aid (EFA)
- Security Awareness (SA)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (PSSR)
- Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than fast rescue boats)
- ENG1 Medical issued by relevant UK Authority or recognised equivalent
Waverley is the World’s last seagoing paddle steamer and is powered by an inclined triple expansion steam engine. The ship operates May-October each season in several areas around the UK offering day excursion trips.
This position will provide a unique opportunity to work aboard a historic steamship. It will likely appeal to someone who has recently gained there EOOW certificate. In return we are able to offer a competitive daily rate of pay.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining Waverley as a member of the engine room crew this season, please send a CV with covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday May 12, 2023.