About Waverley Excursions Ltd:
Waverley Excursions Ltd. is recruiting a Finance Officer to join its shore based team which manages the operation of Paddle Steamer Waverley. Waverley operates on an not-for-profit basis from May until October carrying over 100,000 passengers annually. During the winter refit period maintenance work is carried out at Waverley’s berth in Glasgow. Waverley is owned by a registered charity which undertakes fundraising activities to support the maintenance and operation of the ship.
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The Finance Officer will take the lead role in managing the input of operational transactions into the financial systems; maintain the accounting records, perform appropriate controls and reconciliations; support the production of monthly management reports; perform periodic accounting processes; support the production of statutory accounts and related administrative processes.
The Finance Officer will carry responsibility to maintain sales and purchase ledgers, process Purser returns, manage petty cash, perform bank reconciliations, submit VAT returns and Gift Aid claims, and process payroll.
The Finance Officer must be experienced in the use of Sage 50 Cloud and Microsoft Office including Excel.
This position is based in Glasgow though attendance on board Waverley may be required from time to time. Flexible working arrangements are available.
Benefits and pay range:
- Pay Range £25,000 – £29,000 per annum, full time, permanent position
- Hours Monday – Friday 9am-5pm, can be flexible if preferred
- 25 Days holiday (closed over Christmas and New Year) with 10 Bank Holidays
- Allocation of Tickets for friends and family to sail on Waverley
- Minimum 3 years Bookkeeping / Accounts experience
- Part Qualified AAT or equivalent
- Highly proficient in use of with Sage 50 Cloud and Microsoft Office including Excel
- Good attention to detail to enter data accurately into financial records and to identify errors
- Multi-tasking and organisational skills to manage different financial duties, including the ability to prioritise tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills for dealing with customers, suppliers and other employees
- Communication skills, including the ability to explain complex financial matters in accessible terms
- Experience in working within a charitable organisation, heritage attraction or transport setting
- Experience of Microsoft Teams environment and / or PayPal
Why work for Waverley:
- Small company structure where individuals matter and are recognised for the part they play in ensuring that Waverley continues to provide pleasure to tens of thousands annually
- Enjoy meeting and interacting with the wide range of people who sail (and work) on Waverley
- A competitive rate of pay
- Opportunity to play a vital role in operating and maintaining the World’s last seagoing paddle steamer
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and covering letter, stating your current position and explaining your suitability for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require further information on this position please contact us at email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday December 2, 2022.