An exciting opportunity to take Command of Waverley
Waverley Excursions Ltd. as operator of the World’s last seagoing paddle steamer is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and experienced Master.
Waverley operates seasonally from May to October with 25 crew carrying up to 860 passengers offering a variety of day, afternoon, and evening cruises in several areas around the UK including the Firth of Clyde, Bristol Channel, South Coast and Thames estuary. The vessel is berthed in Glasgow for winter refit work. During the off season the Master will contribute to planning for the forthcoming season and work to achieve Pilotage exemption certificates.
The successful applicant will have a passion for ship handling and an ability to lead crew to ensure a passenger experience that befits Waverley’s status. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in Waverley’s ongoing preservation.
We would welcome applicants who are looking for a seasonal post or full time. Salary subject to negotiation based on experience.
- hold at least a II/2 Master 3,000GT Certificate of Competence
- hold all relevant STCW qualifications and a valid ENG1
- have had extensive ship handling experience
- have excellent leadership and Bridge Team Management skills
- be highly motivated with decision making skills with an ability to work under pressure
- be flexible to demands of a seasonal operation
- hold the right to work in the UK.
- Experience of gaining PECs
- Experience of working on passenger vessels
The Master will report to the Operations Director, on all professional and technical matters relating to the operation of the vessel, the Chief Executive on all commercial matters and the Director of Safety on all matters relating to the SMS. The Master will be supported in their role by the Senior Master and highly experienced Bridge Officers.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for Master please send a CV with covering letter outlining relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Monday April 4, 2022.